If you memorized your lines for the 10-minute play, please reflect on the experience. Was it hard or easy? What strategies did you use to prepare your lines? Do you think that knowing your lines made you more convincing? Feel free to ask and answer other questions as well. (200 words minimum)
I found memorizing my lines for the ten minute play a little bit hard, but not really. I have been acting for awhile and I am rather good at memorizing lines. I have a very good "audio" memory, so hearing myself say the lines helped with the memorization. It was hard for me to get into character, since I did not have a long time to develop a character. I think that I could have made Casey a little more convincing, and more “whiny”. He seemed like a very distraught and scared individual, since his mother is in a psychiatric ward. I do not know how I could manage to come to school everyday if one of my parents were in a mental hospital.
ReplyDeleteTo memorize my lines I reread the script about 5-6 times outside of class and mentally ran through the play in my mind. I think that knowing my lines did make the play a little more convincing, since I was able to put a little bit more emotion into my voice than if I was reading from a script. I enjoyed the opportunity to memorize my lines and be in one last "production" since the end of my theater’s 2013 season last month. I hope that I can find other ways to act in the Thetford community soon.